Empowerment & Sustainability
One of SA’s most empowered companies…
Every part of our business is infused with genuine B-BBEE. For the past few years, the JSE has consistently rated Adcorp as one of South Africa’s most empowered companies and, in the Top Empowered Companies Survey (Empowerdex), we have a certified overall black ownership of 33.33%.
Our empowerment credentials flow from group-wide transactions in 2007 and 2012, which allowed all employees to share in our financial fortunes.
Encouraging shifts in individual and collective mind-set
As a Group we know that we can’t operate in isolation from our environment.
For this reason, our sustainability policy guides all Group companies in curbing environmental degradation – not only in line with the requirements of the Global Reporting Index, but also to encourage shifts in mind-set.
Our strategic priorities include:
- Board accountability for the Group’s sustainability performance
- The identification and mitigation of risks
- Regular audits of management systems and programmes
- Performance monitoring, external assurance and public reporting
- Constructive, proactive, informed relationships with all stakeholders
It’s our ambition to become an industry leader in carbon offsetting. We’re committed to measuring, reporting and reducing carbon emissions via enterprise-wide solutions that optimise our workforce, unlock client benefits and, above all, promote greater environmental responsibility.